Artificial grass, ideal material for all kinds of sports venues
Artificial grass is the highest density turf on the market. Good elasticity and traction make artificial grass an ideal material for all kinds of sports fields. It is recognized by many world-class athletes as one of the best ground materials for reducing foot and knee injuries. .
Artificial grass is widely used in baseball, rugby, football, hockey, softball, track and other sports venues. It is also an ideal turf for playgrounds, physical education classes, military training, and other indoor and outdoor activities.
The artificial grass is made by plastic chemical fiber. It is beneficial to solve the problem of excessive use of natural turf and poor growth conditions.
The artificial grass is environmentally friendly and the surface layer can be recycled and reused, which is irreplaceable for natural turf.
Artificial grass has more obvious advantages than natural turf
- All-weather: It is completely unaffected by the climate, greatly improving the use efficiency, and can be used in extreme climates such as cold and hottemperature.
- Evergreen: After the natural grass enters the dormant period, the artificial grass can still bring you a spring-like feeling.
- Environmental protection: The materials of the whole site are in line with environmental protection requirements, and the artificial grass surface layer can be recycled and reused.
- Simulation: Artificial grass is produced by the principle of bionics. The non-directionality and hardness of the lawn make the user feel that there is no big difference as that onthe natural grass, and the elasticity is good and the foot feels comfortable.
- Durability: Durable, not easy to fade, especially suitable for high-frequency use in primary and secondary school.
- Economical: The construction is simple, and it can be laid in the asphalt, cement and hard sand sites, basically no maintenance cost.
For different outdoor venues, the choice of artificial grass materials is different. How can we do the selection?
In general, artificial grass is made of two kinds of materials: polypropylene and polyethylene. The polypropylene material is solid and has a small cushioning force. It is generally suitable for sports with less impact. The polyethylene material has soft texture, good cushioning performance and little damage to athletes, and is suitable for sports with great impact, such as football and rugby. It is also possible to mix two materials to make an artificial grass turf, so that the advantages of both can be combined to meet the needs of special competitions.
For some high-intensity sports competitions, in order to improve the quality of the game and minimize the damage of the athletes, when selecting artificial grass, it is generally necessary to select a relatively high-fiber material, usually 25-50mm, and choose polyethylene or the mixed material.
When selecting the height of artificial grass, generally consider the overall budget. The cost of high artificial grass is relatively high.
In some European countries, the school sports field often chooses the turf with a height of 19mm. The artificial grass with a height of 25-32mm can provide a high-quality sports field. The grass height of some professional sports fields is usually 50-55mm. It is considered to be the upper limit of ideal artificial grass.
In some American rugby stadiums, the height of artificial grass is higher, about 70mm, but in general, such high artificial turf sports are rare.
Artificial grass is in line with the actual needs of athletes in terms of performance, use frequency and maintenance. Its application will also become a trend in the development of sports venues in the future.